Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

妈,我及格了!Defeat It Finally !

I defeat You - OSCE !!!
First and foremost ,
Thankyou Lord....Thankyou Jesus !!!


What's OSCE ? An abbreviation which I always trembled and my body inevitably sapless as I heard the word !

Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE) is a modern type of examination often used in health sciences (e.g. medicine, pharmacy, dentistry) to test clinical skill performance and competence in skills such as communication, clinical examination, medical procedures / prescription, joint mobilisation / manipulation techniques, and interpretation of results.

OSCE usually comprises a circuit of short (usual is 5–10 minutes ) stations, in which each candidate is examined on a one-to-one basis with one or two impartial examiner(s) and either real or simulated patients (actors). Candidates rotate through the stations, completing all the stations on their circuit.

OSCE would be held once in the end of each semester. For my semester 7 ( which was the LAST OSCE I need to encounter before the clinical years.. phew~ )

Station 1 - Medical Record (SOAP - Subjective, Objective, Assessment and Planning )
Station 2 - Pediatric ( Neonatal Resuscitation Procedure )
Station 3 - Anaesthesia ( Respiratory Failure )
Station 4 - Surgery ( Acute Appendicitis )
Station 5 - Skin ( Dermatology Management )

Only 5 minutes allocated for each station. Beside the knowledge and skill u have mastered, the most important is FAST + ACCURATE yet CALM !!!!! ( Which i always lack even I have well-mastered everything.. ) I don't know.... I always need some time to warm up before my brain start function ~

On the 29th DEC 2009, as usual...I started trembling as soon as the horrible bell rang up "RRRRIIINGGGGGGGGG" Time started counting, when i wrote the medical record... I still can remember vividly how I SMEARED over the paper, I just couldn't write it properly, my hand was insanely shivering and my mind was in total mess !

Proceed to the 2nd station, Not really calm down... I could feel my mouth was shuddering as i explained whilst performed the procedure of resuscitation.

Only came to the 3rd station, I managed to refrigerate myself and accordingly, the following station, I could performed with Full confidence and CALM.

THANK GOD !!!! I defeat it finally !!!!!!! How fervently i prayed yesterday before i got to sleep !!!! My hard work get paid in the end... Thank you Thank you Jesus !!!!

The most important thing is -
I can enjoy the FULL HOLIDAY without the need to come back earlier just for the remedial !!!
An exhilarating news , yeah ?



故事的背后

其实当考试一结束,我的心里担心得要命,因为总觉得第一个Station 因紧张的关系,表现得不好。这OSCE考试,即使你的总分加起来是及格的.(及格=70分或以上)但是,一旦Flunk在其中一个Station,也就是等于FAIL.不管你的总平均分有多好.

当天考完式,参加朋友的生日会,一直都闷闷不乐,当我听到一些朋友们说他们的Diagnosis跟我的不一样,说我对那个Case的判断是错误时,我心情更糟...简直糟透了!!(这OSCE是根据Circuit, 而我拿到较早的circuit,较后面Circuit的朋友们都拿到考试的Tips了,而且听说他们也彻彻底底地讨论这Case的Diagnosis是什么了.)而我,还来不及好好地思考,就得进入考场.

那时真的很心里不平衡,为何我总是缺少那么一点点的运气??这考试,即使你是武装俱全,也需要东风的支配才能获胜.所谓的东风就是临场的表现,遇到的考官是否严厉,还有他们看你顺不顺眼,等等.在那时候,我又再开始怨天尤人了...为何我总是那个不幸运的?之前在第六个学期也曾FaiL 过一次,就因为遇到的考官太严厉了,对我的要求很苛刻,导致不及格,眼见表现比我不理想的朋友也能过关,我真的是心里很不平衡!!还有一次,在第三个学期,就因为那考官听不懂我的英语,竟然就这样FaiL 了我...真的把我气砸了!!!

之后,听到一个朋友对我说了这样的话,

"你真的那么羡慕那些只靠侥幸过关的人?
难道你要你的人生是靠着<幸运>来成功?
这样的人生,真的是你想要的吗?
为何你不往好的方面想想?
天安排你遇到比较严厉的考官或是比较坎坷的人生,这都有它背后的意义.
严厉的考官可以让你以后的Skill更好,
比较坎坷的道路可以让你变得更能承受挫折,以至更坚强,不好吗?
靠自己实力成功比侥幸还要更有成就感,更具意义,不是吗?"

听完朋友一番话后,我的心里真的是平复了很多,也平衡了很多... (哈哈...).虽然如此,昨天知道成绩将在今天揭晓后,还是难掩心中的忧虑. 一早,就收到简讯“your Station 1:Medical Record Not OK..”真的很谢谢这位朋友用比较弯转的方式告诉我不及格的消息。过后知道我的分数竟然只差分就及格了,原本在医院上课的我立刻请辞跑去学院会负责我的考卷纸的医生。检查之下,原来她真的是少改给我一个Point,少给我一分。真的是很感谢主,无论是实力,幸运还是侥幸,结论就是我终于过关了!!!

终于,我可以松了一口气,好好的享受 before 进 clinical years 的最后一个假期 (因为整个长达一年半的clinical years是没假期的,比工作还要惨,一星期工作6天,每天8小时,有时还要上夜班就变成30小时工作,又没薪水拿。。。还要挨骂。。。oopsss...我又开始complain的毛病了。。。)其实,还蛮期待clinical years 的啦。。。哈哈。。。期待第一次做医生的滋味(虽然只是实习而已)但是,

此时此刻的我,当然是最期待回家啦 !
倒数还有14天。。。
^^HOORAYYYYYYYYYYY^^




3 comments:

  1. 恭喜你哦,最终还是过关了!!
    是时候轮到我担心了,我的presentation在6/2, 现在的我已经开始担心到睡不着了!!我第四个学期时完全没present(因为饿到我要说的时候教授就叫我skip), 结果第五个学期第一次present时,我记得我的声音很明显是在发抖,而且我也发现到我的教授一直在暗笑。。。现在想到我要一个人站在台前present, 不得不感到害怕!!!
    希望。。。我也能遇到好好的考官,别问我太多我不会回答的问题!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 那么一定要加油哦。。。。
    距离你的6/2还有一段时间。。。。好好包握这段时间准备吧。
    我个人其实还蛮喜欢presentation的,因为可以锻炼自己在大众面前的勇气。。。然后,如果得到大家的认同,那种成就感真的很棒也!! 加油哦。。。。 !!! 这个也可以锻炼以后出来社会作工时,老板叫你表现时,你不会戳。你记得要相信自己是能的,那么你才能!!! 我也是在学习中。。。 =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 我倒不喜欢presentation, 因为我的英文不好!一紧张,所有的名词都会忘光光!而且也很怕lecturer会很一些时事的问题,那我就糟糕了!!
    不过我还不会因为酱而嘴巴含金,多数需要present的科目我都会是presenter, 不像有些学生,六个学期里从来都不曾看过他们present....
    而且我紧张时说话会发抖。。。哈!!希望这次可以顺利过关!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails